Check out my workshops and courses.
✷ ✷ ✷ UPCOMING WORKSHOPS ✷ ✷ ✷
Botanical Watercolours Course
Every Thursday from 22nd February to 21st March 6-8 pm (5-week course)
Want to paint like a pro? Join me for a 5-week in-depth exploration of watercolour painting techniques. Each week, we’ll craft a new composition inspired by botanical still life subjects, providing a hands-on opportunity to master essential watercolour techniques. Kasia will share her tips and tricks to help you get started.
Who is the class for?
This introductory course will provide you with the foundations of painting, helping you gain confidence in working with watercolours. Suitable for all levels, beginners are welcome. If you already have some skills but wish to develop them further and need a push, this course is perfect for you.
During the course you will learn:
· Foundations of painting with a focus on the specifics of the watercolour medium.
· Painting and drawing from observation.
· Basics of colour theory.
· Tips for mixing colours.
· Characteristics of different pigments.
· Cultivating a creative mindset.
Thursdays 6-8 pm, 22nd February to 21st March.
Te Atamira / Mahi Tahi
$300 for 5-week course
All materials are provided.
Newcomers are welcome
QAS Life Drawing
Every Sunday, 2-24 March
Join QAS in March for a series of four one-off life drawing classes to get a taste of one of the most crucial artistic practices in art education.
Sundays 3, 10, 17, 24 March 2024 | 4:15pm-5:45 PM | Puawai | $28 per class
Practicing observational drawing is a core skill for anyone seeking to enhance their artistic abilities. Life Drawing teaches you hand-eye coordination, hones your observational skills and improves your focus. Engaging in life drawing not only allows you to portray the human body but, with consistent practice, fosters a deep comprehension of composition, form, and balance in our artistic pursuits.
Life drawing enhances spatial imagination, accelerates your drawing process, and refines decision-making skills. The need to swiftly capture visually captivating images within time constraints ingrains these skills naturally. The human body becomes a visual form for creative experimentation, offering exploration through diverse materials, mark-making, and techniques.
Attending life drawing classes led by a professional artist will be an invaluable addition to any creative practice. No experience necessary – beginners are welcome.
This series of classes is crafted to help you start your drawing practice. Please bring your sketchbook and preferred dry materials.
· A4-A3 sketchbook, visual diary or digital tablet.
· Pencils, colour pencils, conte and graphite sticks, markers (no charcoal please)
· Erasers (kneadable or soft)
· Bulldog clips
· Fixative / hair spray
Drawing room etiquette and model protocol:
· No smartphones, personal music devices or photographic equipment are allowed in life classes.
· Students are expected to arrive 10 minutes early so they can set up and be ready to start on time
· If a life model is working, students and visitors will knock and wait outside the room until a pose is broken and the model is robed
· Models will have preference over room temperature.
· Students must be conscious of the model’s personal space and not approach the model without permission.
· The privacy of the model is to be maintained at all times both in the room and outside the room.
Botanical Watercolours -
Cozy Evening Art Class for Adults
Date to be confirmed
Scared to pick up a brush? Join an intimate class hosted in my home studio for an evening filled with beautiful plants and watercolours.
I’m Kasia, a professional painter and art conservator. I will teach you how to befriend this difficult technique and master it over time. Learn the basics of composition, watercolour techniques and colour mixing with me to create an original painting during each session.
What to Expect:
- Expert Guidance: Join me as your instructor, guiding you through the step-by-step process of creating a painting. Discover how to overcome the challenges of watercolour—a technique both beautiful and elusive—mastering it with my expert insights.
- Colour Theory: Learn the fundamentals of colour theory, gaining a solid foundation in mixing colours that will empower you to start your painting practice.
- Intimate Setting: Experience a cozy and personalized setting with a limited group of participants, ensuring focused attention and a close-knit learning environment.
- The Know-How: Learn the tips and tricks professionals use to make the most of your painting time.
✷ ✷ ✷ PAST WORKSHOPS ✷ ✷ ✷
Fundamentals of Painting:
Botanical Watercolors Course (Term 2)
Every Thursday from 21 September to 19 October 2023 at 6-8 pm (5-week course)
Fundamentals of Drawing:
Still Life Drawing Course (Term 3)
Every Wednesday | 13, 20, 27 September | 6-7:30 pm (3-week course)
Fundamentals of Drawing:
Still Life Drawing Course
Every Tuesday from 6th of June till 4th of July 6-8pm (5-week course)
Introduction to Botanical
10 June 1-4pm